FIFA 2021 - Fall Season Rules
Online matches played against participants from the Oak Ridges Soccer Club (“ORSC”).
League is open to the public - all genders, ages, and skill-types are welcomed.
Individual and Standard Online Versus
4 Regular Season “Match Days” followed by Playoffs (2 Days)
All matchups will start at 7pm on their designated night. Schedule to be released prior to start of league and will be accessible throughout season.
Regular Season Breakdown:
- 3 matches per “Match Day” versus same opponent
- 12 guaranteed matches - top 8 make playoffs
Standings + Playoffs:
Final standings make up the playoffs seeding which will be used for the playoff brackets!
Based on the Final Standings Ladder, a two-day playoff bracket is created.
Each matchup in the playoffs is a 2-game series with aggregate scoring in effect. If tied after the two games a third game will be played with the golden goal rule in effect. The higher seed will be considered the away team for the first game.
RULES + LOGISTICS
Opponent No-Shows & Grace Period:
If a player does not show up to a match at its scheduled time, there is a 15-minute GRACE PERIOD.
If they remain unresponsive, wait 15 minutes and then contact your ORSC Moderator on discord. They will provide next steps for you. DO NOT MSG MODERATOR UNTIL THE ACTUAL START-TIME OF YOUR MATCH.
Forfeits and Rescheduling:
No rescheduling is allowed unless approved by the league commissioner. You will be provided a default loss of 1-0 for each game you are not there for.
You are permitted to select any of the following types of teams (note: both players can play as the same team):
· Domestic Club Team
· International Team
Regular Season Connection Issues:
If you are unable to connect to your opponent due to connection issues the game will be reschedule to another day. If you are still not able to connect on the rescheduled day the score will be inputted as 3 ties.
Playoff Connection Issues:
If you are unable to connect to your opponent due to connection issues the game will be reschedule to another day. If you are still not able to connect on the rescheduled day the higher seed will progress.
BEFORE LEAGUE STARTS
- Notifications & Communication:
- All communication once the league starts will be done on Discord. Please familiarize yourself with the ORSC platform and your applicable channels.
- ALL PLAYERS MUST BE ON DISCORD: https://discordapp.com/
- ORSC DISCORD: https://discord.gg/aYKyS2p
- Add Opponents:
After your schedule is released, please add all your opponent’s PSN’s or Xbox Gamertags so that there is no delay once the season starts.
- BEFORE MATCH:
Please aim to have your game setup 15 minutes prior to start-time. Standard online versus rules apply. No customizing of game settings.
- DURING MATCH:
Play your 3 consecutive matches and communicate issues with your ORSC Moderator. After each match, players are allowed to change the team they are using. We also encourage you to take a screenshot of the final scoreboard should there be disputes regarding final scores.
- AFTER MATCH:
Decide amongst the players in the game who will report the scores into the Players’ Lounge under the schedule section. Standings will be updated live after results are submitted.
Sportsmanship and Fair Play
1. I have read, understood and will abide by the rules of my eSport as outlined by ORSC.
- I understand that I am responsible to resolve any disputes with my opponent during gameplay. I will not wait for the Moderator (if present) to make that decision.
- I understand that if it is reported by the Moderator or an opponent that I have behaved in an unsporting manner or have not played by the Policies, Procedures or rules, that I could be suspended or ejected from the ORSC eSport League, with no refund.