Terms and conditions
Oak Ridges Soccer Club
Release of Liability, Waiver of Claims and Indemnity Agreement
- This is a binding legal agreement; therefore clarify any questions or concerns before executing. As a participant withOak Ridges Soccer Club (hereinafter the "ORSC") and its offered or associated events, programs, travels and activities (collectively the "Events"), I acknowledge and agree to the following terms:
- I am at least 19 years of age or older. Or I have consent from a parent/guardian to participate in the ORSC.
- ORSC and its directors, officers, committee members, shareholders, members, venues, employees, volunteers, participants, contractor, agents and representatives (collectively the "Organization") are not responsible for any injury, personal injury, death, damage, property damage, expense, loss of income or loss of any kind suffered by me during, or as a result of, the Events, participating in the Events, use of equipment or facilities, the acts of others, the unavailability of emergency medical care, or caused in any manner whatsoever including, but not limited to, the negligence of the Organization.
Description of Risks
- I am participating voluntarily with the Organization and in the Events. In consideration of my participation, I hereby acknowledge that I am aware of the risks, dangers and hazards associated with or related to the Organization and its Events. The risks, dangers and hazards include, but are not limited to, injuries from:
- Indoor and/or outdoor social and sport activities
- Using any equipment or services provided by the Organization, including, but not limited to, e-Sports such as: Computers, Xbox, PS4, and other gaming devices.
- The risks, dangers, and hazards also include, but are not limited to, injuries from:
- Failing to comply with the rules established for participation
- Vigorous physical exertion and rapid movements
- Failing to remain within designated areas
- Failure to properly use any piece of equipment or from the mechanical failure of any piece of equipment
- Contact, colliding, falling or being struck by other participants or equipment
- Travel to and from the Events
Good Health/Prerequisite Skills and Training
- I acknowledge and agree that I have the requisite skills, qualifications, physical abilities, and training necessary for proper and safe use of the equipment and facilities and to participate in the Events. I acknowledge and agree that if I have any questions as to what skills, qualifications or training is necessary to properly use the equipment, facility, or to participate in the Event, I will direct such questions to the Organization. I further acknowledge and agree that any questions relating to my physical ability to properly use the equipment, facility, or to participate in the Event will be determined by me in consultation with my physician, and I shall not rely on any statements or omissions from the Organization. If I believe the conditions of an Event to be unsafe, I will immediately discontinue further participation.
Release of Liability and Disclaimer
- In consideration of the Organization allowing me to participate in the Events, to use its equipment and permitting me the use of its facilities, I agree:
- That the sole responsibility for my safety remains with me;
- I will remove myself from participation if I sense or observe any unusual hazard or unsafe condition; or feel unable or unfit to safely continue;
- To ASSUME all risks arising out of, associated with or related to, my participation;
- To WAIVE any and all claims that I may have now or in the future against the Organization;
- To freely ACCEPT AND FULLY ASSUME all such risks and possibility of personal injury, death, property damage, expense and related loss, including loss of income, resulting from my participation with the Organization or in the Events; and
- To FOREVER RELEASE the Organization from any and all liability for any and all claims, demands, actions, damages (including direct, indirect, special and/or consequential), losses, actions, judgments, and costs (including legal fees) (collectively, the "Claims") which I have or may have in the future, that might arise out of, result from, or relate to my participation with the Organization or the Events, my presence at any facilities, the events, activities or programs of the Organization, and/or my traveling to or from the Organization or the Events, even though such Claims may have been caused by any manner whatsoever, including but not limited to, the negligence, gross negligence, negligent rescue, omissions, carelessness, breach of contract and/or breach of any statutory duty of care of the Organization, or any breach under the Occupier's Liability Act, as amended.
- I grant permission to the ORSC to photograph and/or record my image and/or voice on still or motion picture film and/or audio tape, and to use this material to promote the ORSCthrough the media of newsletters, websites, television, film, radio, print and/or display form. I waive any claim to remuneration for use of audio/visual materials used for these purposes. I understand that I may withdraw such consent at any time by contacting the ORSC. The ORSC will advise the implications of such withdrawal.
Consent for Use of Personal Information and Photo Release
- I authorize the ORSC to collect and use personal information about me for the purpose of receiving communications (newsletters, publications, announcements, invitations and other news or information) from the ORSC and posting articles of interest, newsletters, promotions, statistics, images and results on the ORSC's website. This consent is in compliance with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. I understand that I may withdraw such consent at any time by contacting the ORSC's Privacy Officer. The Privacy Officer will advise the implications of such withdrawal.
We do not sell or distribute your personal information to any other third party not listed herein.
Acceptance of Terms and Conditions
In consideration of my acceptance in the ORSC, I agree as follows:
Policies and Procedures
- I am aware of and acknowledge reading and knowing all of the policies and procedures relating to the ORSC activities, facilities, and/or equipment (hereinafter "Policies and Procedures") and understand that the safe and proper use of the facilities, equipment or participation in the activity is dependent upon carefully following such Policies and Procedures.
- To abide by the Policies and Procedures of the ORSC.
- That the ORSC reserves the right to revoke my registration at any time for any reason.
Sportsmanship and Fair Play
- I have read, understood and will abide by the rules of my sport as outlined by ORSC.
- I understand that I am responsible to resolve any disputes with my opponent during gameplay. I will not wait for the Event Coordinator (if present) to make that decision.
- I understand that if it is reported by the Event Coordinator or an opponent that I have behaved in an unsporting manner or have not played by the Policies, Procedures or rules, that I could be suspended or ejected from the ORSC, with no refund.
- I understand that my team captain is the only person who can approach the Event Coordinator or the opposing captain regarding concerns surrounding the game. It is my responsibility to let my captain know my concerns so she/he can deal with the matter.
- ORSC attempts to ensure that all venues are safe and suitable for play. The majority of ORSC games are self-officiated and thus a ORSC representative may not be present at games. Therefore, it is the responsibility of the captains and all participants to inspect the playing area prior to playing their game to ensure it is safe for play and to make their OWN decision regarding personal safety in terms of a scheduled venue, playing style and transportation to a ORSC league/event.
- I accept sole responsibility for my personal possessions and gaming equipment.
- That all information provided to the ORSC is accurate and correct.
- I acknowledge that I have read and understand this agreement, that I have executed this agreement voluntarily, and that this agreement is to be binding upon myself and my heirs, spouse, children, parents, guardians, next of kin, executors, administrators and legal or personal representatives.
- By purchasing an order, registration, event ticket or anything on the ORSC website I agree to be bound this Legal Agreement.